Special Tactics Air Traffic Control (STATC) Services
Provide ATC training and academic support to AFSOC units assigned with the STATC mission. ATC instructors will support Special Tactics training plans, provide instruction using the ATC simulator, provide scenario design and programming, software programming, software and hardware maintenance, and develop lessons representative of realistic operational situations.
- Pope Army Air Field, NC
- McChord Air Force Base, WA
- Hurlburt Field, FL
- Advise and assist AFSOC with technical analysis of replacement training systems, or technology insertion for the purpose of improving ATC training and efficiencies.
- Assist in developing instructional materials, provide administrative support to the squadrons with air traffic control training requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise support for analysis of alternatives and prototyping efforts and mission planning for the 720 STG.
- Remain current with the tactics and procedures used by the Special Tactics war-fighters for conducting air traffic control in conventional and austere situations, including observing exercises.
- Keep the Functional Commander / Functional Director and Contracting Officer’s Representative, and others as designated by the FAC, informed of task status and progress by regular correspondence or meetings.
- Previous or current Air Force Specialty Codes: 1C1XX or 1C2XX, who have completed an Air Traffic Control Technical Course, with a minimum of 10 years Air Traffic Control experience to include Control Tower, Radar Approach Control and Air Traffic Control Instruction.
- Shall be knowledgeable of AFI 13-204 Volumes 1, 2, and 3, AFI 13-217 and FAAH 7110.65, and have the ability to develop ATC lesson plans, scenarios, and training schedules used in classroom instruction, practical labs, and simulator operations.
- Must be able to provide instruction in all phases of VMC, IMC, VFR, IFR tower operations, VFR/IFR radar approach control operations and conventional approach control operations.
- Must have the ability to operate a simulator system to include: simulator power up, initialization of scenarios, conduct training sessions, simulator power down, generate and modify scenarios.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and replace simulator system board level computer components.
- Shall be knowledgeable in all aspects of air traffic control, and the simulation systems located at the 720th STG locations.
- Shall be familiar with the Special Tactics’ mission and purpose.
- Shall have the technical background and communication skills to develop instructional materials, provide administrative support to the squadrons with air traffic control training matters, provide subject matter expertise support for analysis of alternatives, prototyping efforts, and mission planning in support of the 720 STG.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics, or four-year degree in aviation studies, or a minimum four-year experience in teaching or advising for Combat Controllers or Technical Instructor Course graduate is preferred.
- Other relevant education or instructional experiences can be considered for meeting this requirement.
- It is desirable for instructors to have experience with computer operating systems and program language such as Windows NT, DOS, UNIX or LINUX and must be able to back-up and install software on multiple networked computers.
Health Plan options
Health Plan options
Email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference this job title and your name in the subject line. DCAPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)