Just got word from Wayne Norrad that Jim Stanford passed away. More info to follow.
Monday, August 27, 2012
Friday, August 24, 2012
Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking individuals to serve at CONUS and OCONUS locations as Identity Operations Managers in support of a customer program.
Positions are currently available in the following areas:
• Miami, FL
Duties while deployed:
• Serve as the SME on all SSE matters for tactical and operational commanders and other organizations and agencies
• SME responsibilities include operational employment and maintenance of all SSE and biometric/forensics devices
• Assist with development, management, and planning for employment of traditional and asymmetrical SSE capabilities and supporting programs, software, TTPs, and tools
• Produce pre and post mission SSE analysis, intelligence summaries, white papers, after action reviews, operations orders, fragmentary orders, concept of operations and other products to support SSE plans and operations
• Utilize available intelligence assets and products, including those provided by interagency partners to support SSE plans and operations
• Conduct feasibility assessments and develop courses of action to support SSE requirements, plans and operations
• Template enemy Tactics, Techniques and Procedures that directly or indirectly impact SEE operations
• Accompany military units on tactical operations to support sensitive site exploitation missions
• Present written products and briefings to executive-level audiences
• Develop and present plans of instruction (POI) and other training materials as required
• Regularly work extended hours, seven days a week, while at deployed locations
• US Citizenship
• Top Secret Security clearance with SCI eligibility
• 10+ years experience conducting and or supporting SOF operations and or intelligence missions and activities
• Recent operational forensic collection experience including cell phone and computer data extraction
• Recent operational experience with latent print collection, iris scanning, and facial recognition
• Recent experience in counter-IED analysis and targeting support
• Excellent operations and or intelligence planning background
• Experience with Military Decision-Making Process (MDMP) and intelligence preparation of the battlefield
• Experience or aptitude to learn technical information collection equipment
• Familiarity with web-based applications, Microsoft Office, Falcon View, Google Earth, C2PC, M3, TIGER, Arc View, Analyst notebook, Live wire, Streets and Trips, and Map Point
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must work well both individually and in a team environment and be able to travel independently and operate for extended periods without direct supervision
• Be physically fit and able to operate in austere environments while wearing body armor and carrying additional equipment
• Must receive satisfactory initial employee appraisal for continued employment
Location: CONUS and OCONUS Location
Clearance Required: TOP SECRET with SCI ELIGIBILITY
Citizenship Required: US Citizen
Number of Positions: 2
813 777 0164
Posted by Ronbo139 at 6:57:00 AM
Friday, August 10, 2012
I'm a Ph.D. research computer scientist consulting for a small Washington D.C. company who builds military radio simulators. We want to incorporate speech recognition and transcription into our line of radio sims, and specifically want to incorporate the usual "nine-line" phraseology used by forward air controllers and close air support personnel into a customized language model.
To do this, we need 2 things:
1. A knowledgeable and experienced consultant who can guide us and give us the details about the phraseology involved, and/or 2. Recordings of tens of thousands of sample radio transmissions, transcribed or not, of typical phraseology used in this domain.
If you know of anyone who can help us achieve our objective here, I would appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks in advance,
Posted by Ronbo139 at 1:28:00 PM
I'd like to propose a reunion in Angeles from 1-10 Feb 2013.
I'll get Mort in Angeles for that time along with other local CCT guys Doc Jones, and Mike Williams. This reunion shouldn't be limited to CCT guys, but anyone we worked with us from our SF comrades to the aircrews and the support folks. Please pass this initial notice on to folks on your mailing lists so we can get it to anyone that might like to join us.
Margarita Station will set up a 15% discount on food & beverages for all attendees. Additionally I'll host a pool BBQ's during the time frame.
Additionally, I can get hotel discounts at a variety of hotels.
For other events, I can also set up
* one or more golfing days for those that are interested.
* a base tour so you can see what has changed at Clark
* A group bar hop one evening
* Mongolian BBQ
I have 4-5 guest rooms available. One will be reserved for Mort and the other 3 will go on a fist requested basis.
Posted by Ronbo139 at 1:01:00 PM
Monday, August 6, 2012
Former SF soldier, Mike Townsend, who works for Centra Technology is looking for some former 18E, CCT, 304 types for a 5 year contract. Anyone interested please email Mike Townsend at: email@example.com
5 Yrs SOF experience, TS-SCI
Telecommunications Technical Support:
The Contractor shall provide telecommunications support in the development, integration, fielding and training of emergent telecommunications technologies for SOF at home station and abroad. The Contractor shall support the interoperability, compatibility and integration ECM and SOF radio systems. The Contractor shall maintain currency on current and future telecommunication solutions and related telecommunications technologies and shall advise the Government of key technologies, threats and technology proposals.
The Contractor shall provide expert telecommunications support in the development, integration and fielding of emergent telecommunications technologies for SOF at home station and abroad.
The Contractor shall support the interoperability, compatibility and integration ECM and SOF radio systems. The Contractor shall maintain currency on current and future telecommunication solutions and related telecommunications technologies. The Contractor shall provide assessment of telecommunication/ECM approaches, interoperability/compatibility, effectiveness and propose solutions as needed.
4.0 PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
The contract personnel shall perform primarily at Ft. Bragg, North Carolina.
Other duty locations may include, but are not limited to, Tampa, Florida; Albuquerque, New Mexico; and Washington, D.C. Normal duty hours are Monday - Friday, 0800 - 1630 hrs. All Federal holidays are observed. Should operational needs arise, there shall be the requirement for periodic work on Holidays and/or weekends.
Posted by Ronbo139 at 7:04:00 AM