Monday, June 4, 2007

Warriors Thanks

Commander and Staff
123rd Special Tactics Squadron
Kentucky Air National Guard
Louisville Kentucky,

Dear Warriors:
It is with the utmost respect and admiration I write you today. Your support to the legacy and memory of your teammate MSGT Danny Ray Page truly exemplifies your quite professional image.

I and Danny’s family and friends lost a brother and a friend. You each lost a leader, mentor, friend and fellow warrior. We will be forever grateful for your steadfast service to us knowing you had to put aside your own mourning and grief to meet our needs. You did not falter in your service to your unit or your teammate; know that Danny would be both humbled and proud of each of you as you bid him God’s Speed as he journeyed to his next mission.

I know that you are each volunteers and that you will be looking at future deployments and even greater service for the freedoms that each of us in America enjoy; often time with little or no recognition. I also know that you have served valiantly in places like Roberts Ridge, Africa, and all over South-West Asia. I and Danny’s adopted family will pray for your continued safety and that of your families while you are away. You have a special place in our hearts and we will be here for you as well. To quote one of my former rival teams (Silver Team) “Danger gleams like sunshine in a brave mans eyes” and from where I sit, I have never met a more braver, compassionate and selfless group of men or women serving our nation. I leave you this final thought; Danny would want you to celebrate his life and not mourn his passing, because to him life was an adventure or it was nothing at all.

Sincerely,

//Signed//
Robert G Rankin CMST (USAF, CCT, Ret)

No comments: