Friday, March 7, 2008

Base jumper tackles the tower!

Ron-
This is Neil Amonson. Not sure if you remember me but I went through AST as a combat controller back in 02'-03'. I finished up my four years of active duty and now I'm a full time student at Embry-Riddle working on my B.S. in Professional Aeronautics with a minor in Security and Intelligence.

On March 22, I will be participating in a vertical stair climb fundraiser/race for the American Lung Association. We will be racing up the stairwell of the tallest building in Salt Lake City, the Wells Fargo building. All the other competitors will be doing this task only once, but in traditional CCT fashion, I'm doing it 33 times, and wearing a parachute! By the time I am done I will have climbed 19,734 stairs.

Individuals can donate. It is 100% secure (or at least as secure as you can be on the internet) via the personal donation web link and the money goes straight to the American Lung Association.

I'm asking local business to donate at least one penny per stair, $197.34, and I will have their logo put on the front of a custom t-shirt I am having made just for the event.

Check out the following link for some more information about the event:http://www.mrsnv.com/evt/e01/part.jsp?acct=0753039463&register_id=0&id=1780

Hope all is well on your end of things and I appreciate any support you can provide.

Neil Amonson
CCA LM-922

No comments: