Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ron Holder Passed Away


Ron Holder, CCA LM-129


Died on 14 December, 2008; after a battle with cancer.


Former Marine


Member of the starting class of Combat Control School at Sewart AFB, TN (65-1)
Was an instructor at Combat Control School when it was at Little Rock AFB, AR.
Stationed at Lockborne, Little Rock and I think Sewart. Also was on the Viet Nam team.
Don’t quote me but I think he retired as a TSgt. May have made Master; I don’t remember so well anymore. I’ve attached the same picture I sent out before but this one has been cleaned up a little by “JC” Cummings.

Allen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron was my buddy and a hard core guy. He was at CHS with us 78-79 on Brand X. He was in Lebanon with the Marines in the 60s, and a 'Nam Recondo school graduate. He didn't care about the medals, didn't like most officers, and was a tough physical guy.

Dan Ripley said...

Ron was my step father and from what I know, a hell of a marine and airman. He retired as a Tech Sgt from Charleston AFB in 1978. We miss Ron. I am trying to put together a photo book for my mother. If anyone has any photos of him or a story they would like to share please contact me - Doctorrip@hotmail.com