Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another Lost Brother

To All
It’s my sad duty to tell you that our CCT Brother, Tom Laney (CCA LM-338), finally lost his long battle with cancer and passed away last night. He was my good friend for almost 40 years and I will truly miss him and his sense of humor.

The following comes from his wife Judy:

We lost Tom last night. He is now in a peaceful place. I'm a little raw right now and need time to get myself together and then get through a service next week. Please pass the word to people who would want to know. I would love to talk with many of you down the road - but will need some time to pass first. Tom had a great group of wonderful friends. He was a lucky guy Judy

Tom’s funeral is to be July 15th at 12:00 PM in Anchorage Alaska(I don’t have the exact funeral site) and will be followed at 1:30 PM by a Celebration of his Life at the Mountain View VFW (Post 10252), also in Anchorage.

For anyone wishing to attend the funeral from out of state, Emmett Heidemann has offered to help with arranging quarters at Ft Richardson or Elmendorf AFB or providing a ride to/from the airport if needed. He can be reached at (907) 694-4497 or at fvwitsend@gci.net He can also provide more details on the funeral and celebration sites if you plan on attending.

They’ve asked that in lieu of flowers you make a contribution towards a memorial brick in Tom’s memory to be placed at the Combat Control School. Forward your contributions to me and I will consolidate them and purchase the brick. Any excess funds received will be contributed to the Combat Control School Association on behalf of Tom and Judy Laney.

Mail contributions to:
Allen Hooper
6853 Calle De Cortez Ct
Navarre, FL 32566

HR

No comments: