Wednesday, September 30, 2009

CCT @ The Eye of the Storm

CCT @ The Eye of the Storm (EOS) Mission Complete - On 26 September, 2009 I delivered the last of more than 550 books to the US Post Office. The final group included eight boxes of books headed to APO AA, AE, and AP addresses.

I have a minor concern for the APO group as the books may be delayed by surface delivery regulations. According to the Post Office, it could take 30-days or more for delivery. But keep the faith, “they're in the mail.”

The following are some facts that may be of interest.

The LARGEST ORDER came from the 720th Special Tactics Group. It was a consolidated order of 55 books compiled by LTC Jerry Kung (LM-524). Mike McRenyolds (LM-173), of Sgt Mac's Bar was a close second with an order of more than 50 books. My special thanks to these dedicated Combat Controllers.

The MOST DISTANT ORDER came from Richard Connell (LM-853) in Canberra, Australia. Richard is an instructor in an Australian Military Academy.

BOOK DELIVERY - I am 99% certain that everyone will have their book(s) by 1 November 2009.

If you have not gotten your book by 1 November, let me know. I will make arrangements to send another.

FUTURE BOOK SALES – I will have book signing sessions at the CCT Reunion, 14-18 October and the Airlift Tanker Association Reunion, in Nashville, 28-30 October. At both events, books will be on sale at the discounted price of $50.00 each.

Books are still available at http://combatcontrolteam.embarqspace.com/ .

COMBAT CONTROL SUPPORT – It is impossible to properly thank everyone in the CCT Community for their outstanding support of the CCT History Book Project. Without your generous support, the EOS would not have seen the light of day.

REUNION - I hope to see all of you at the Combat Control Association Reunion, Fort Walton Beach Ramada, 14 October 2009.

http://ccshf.blogspot.com/

Sincerely,
GENE ADCOCK (Ak)(352) 391-1269 Cell (352)255-81561027
Isle of Palms Path,
The Villages, FL 32162


Dear Ron,
Hello all,I just got off the phone with Gene Adcock. I wanted tell him that I got my books and what a beautiful book it is! He told me that no payment was necessary due to the Sgt. Mac's bar fundraiser. To all of you that contributed to our families getting a copy of this special gift, thank you. To Gene, thanks for all of your hard work. We only wish we could be there at the reunion to have it signed in person.

Thank you again! Deb

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gene
Got the books! I just can't put it down. I am taking it back to Carlisle to share with some of my Army War College classmates and instructors. Thanks and I can't wait until the next one.

TR
LM 398

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the best Network Monitoring software for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: [url=http://www.n-able.com] N-able N-central it automation software
[/url] ? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

How do I get a copy of this book?