The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Counter Narcoterrorism Global Support team working on a Rotary Wing Operations project in Kabul, Afghanistan. This is a 90/30 day rotating position that requires 90 day rotations in Afghanistan/30 days in a U.S. based office. While not deployed, work may be performed from home location.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the direct training and mentoring of all Flight Operations personnel through the successful delivery of individual communications training, equipment maintenance, communications classes and operational support.
• Provide communications support to all Flight Operations personnel during training and while on operational missions.
• Provide direct communications support to Government Officials through mission planning, mission briefs and operational support.
• Maintain a TS level COMSEC account with US and Coalition Forces.
• Maintain communication equipment inventories.
• Prepare and deliver communication briefings to a vast array of government dignitaries, Coalition Forces and other Federal Organizations.
• Maintain and operate tactical radios to include: AN/PRC 117F/G, AN/PRC 152, AN/PRC-148 and the CSEL Survival Radio.
• Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of relevant military communications experience (equivalent to E-7 preferred), 13 years of relevant military communications experience may be taken in lieu of a degree.
• Instructional knowledge pertaining to programming, setup and maintenance of the following types of equipment (i.e Motorola Radios, HF Radios, AN/PRC-117F, AN/PRC-152, AN/PRC-117G, AN/PRC-148, AN/PRC-150, CSEL Survival Radio, Garmin GPS, COMSEC Procedures)
• Possess the ability to create written lesson plans and to provide Communications specific instruction to Flight Operations personnel using lesson plans, training aids and through practical exercises.
• Position requires a current Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret Clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Recent and relevant experience operating in Afghanistan
• Special Operations Forces (SOF) background with Subject Matter Expertise in Fixed Wing/Helicopter Operations and Professional Instruction
• Computer skills pertaining to advanced Networking, Security, Computer rebuilding, Printer configuration, specific software updating, specific radio programming software, Microsoft Windows XP/Vista, Microsoft Server 2007, Microsoft Office 2007.
President for U.S. Operations, DTI
SDVOSB Logo VIP Medal_NatCenter